11/24/2008

"A" for Effort

So my sweet, wonderful, amazing, perfect husband has a mental block about our son's food allergy. For all intensive purposes we'll call it D-E-N-I-A-L. I caught him sneaking Joshua some saltine crackers the other day and when I calmly and sweetly reminded him that "Joshua can't eat those!" he sighed deeply and confessed that he had forgotten - again.

Flash forward a few days - my hubby was being a real angel to me (see my 3 Angels Blog about our Fireproof experience) and offered to go to Sam's Club to pick up a few things. He called me on the way home to tell me about his exciting find - he had gotten our dog (Samson, the 2 year old yellow lab) some canned dog food to mix-in with the dry food and it was GLUTEN-FREE! Can you believe it...gluten free dog food. It was so cute...he was so proud of himself for buying something gluten free - just because he recognized the term. I thought - well, at least I won't have to worry if I find him eating the dog food again!

1 comment:

Leah said...

oh my gosh..i'm rolling! LOL!