3/31/2009

Yogurt Smoothies

Before Joshua became "Dairy Free" the one food we could ALWAYS count on him eating was a yogurt smoothie. He had at least one per day and we figured that was the best way to get probiotics into him at that time. I know, I know...some of you are cringing right now because they are LOADED with sugar. That was a hill I was not willing to die on - at least I knew he wouldn't starve to death when there were yogurt smoothies around.

Flash forward to him becoming Dairy Free and think of how he cried when I told him he couldn't have them anymore. I tried making smoothies and "milk shakes" but they just weren't the same.

Until today...I had a revelation!


We recently stumbled upon "Coconut Milk Yogurt." It is very tasty and Joshua loves it! It is is a bit thinner than cow's milk yogurt, so today I decided to add some rice milk and stick a straw in it. Then I thought...what the heck - I threw in his Omega's and his Calcium/ Magnesium and by golly...

HE LOVED IT!

He thought it was a "REAL" Yogurt Smoothie. And of course, I wouldn't dare tell him otherwise!

PS: Downside to Coconut Milk Yogurt - $2 per container. He darn well better love it at that price!

No comments: