9/01/2010

What We Eat...30 Days Worth of Dinner

I finally did it...

I made a menu for the WHOLE month of September.

Really...I did.

I figure if I am going to travel to the city once-a-month for groceries I better be organized! And since school has started and my husband is now on midnights again...well, further proof of my need to be organized. Oh yeah - and one more...there is no where to eat out here. So I MUST cook or we don't eat.

So this isn't fancy or anything gourmet...but it is our Gluten-Free/ Dairy Free life and we make the most of it!

September
1 - Fried Chicken (w/ GF Bread crumbs)
2 - Tacos
3 - Leftovers
4 - Chicken w/ Zucchini & Tomatoes
5 - Ham & Bean Soup
6 - Leftovers
7 - Teriyaki Beef Sticks
8 - Bratwurst
9 - Spaghetti
10 - Grilled Lamb
11 - Leftovers
12- Spaghetti Casserole
13 - Sticky Chicken
14 - Fresh Fish
15 - Hamburgers
16 - Texas Chili
17 - Chicken Fingers
18 - Leftovers
19 - Tacos
20 - Stir Fry
21 - Marinated Chicken Breasts (grill)
22 - Leftovers
23 - Lamb Stew
24 - Oven Roasted Chicken (whole)
25 - Leftovers
26 - Roast
27 - Spaghetti
28 - Carnitas
29 - Fried Rice
30 - Homemade Pizza

Vegetables and Sides will vary largely on what's available and what we are in the mood for. We eat a LOT of rice and potatoes since those are really the only sides we can have. We will also be eating a LOT of zucchini and green beans from the garden this month.

I confess that I will not abide by this menu every night. It is just a relief to have an idea on paper...and know that I have the ingredients on hand. Our closest grocery store is 30 miles (we do have a small market in town but their selection is limited and they close at 5:30). Not always so helpful. As I was typing this I realized that I have a lot of leftover nights planned - but if we don't eat them they go to waste...so we might as well plan on eating them.

So hooray for organization! Hope you have a blessed month!






2 comments:

Elizabeth Rose said...

I found your blog through Kady Nelson's blog. I love your story about Josh, God is so good to reveal so much about your precious son. What a blessing to homeschool him. All three of my kids have major learning disabilities and I am so blessed to homeschool them and work on their strengths and not focus so much on their weaknesses (even though we do work on them).
I have recently changed my diet to gluten free/dairy free and animal protein free. Although my family still has meat...they are gluten and dairy free as well. Where do you get your recipes from? I noticed your list of meals for 30 days and would love to try some but have no clue. Like your spaghetti casarole or the homemade pizza. Did you get those recipes from somewhere in particular? Thanks so much and enjoy your school year. Kellie
My email is kelmarinc@msn.com

Kelly said...

Hi! I found your link at Preschoolers and Peace. We have 2 allergic kiddos! I am surfing around on your blog and wanted to say Hi! I have a great leftover recipe BTW. Chicken PotPie. Very good. We can do gluten right now so I don't check for that. Is it in flour? Here is the recipe link:

http://k-tribe.blogspot.com/2010/09/chicken-pot-pie.html